By accessing the website at http://www.Millieside.com, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
- Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Millieside’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials.
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial).
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Millieside’s website.
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Millieside Ltd at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Millieside’s website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. Millieside Ltd makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Millieside Ltd does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Millieside Ltd or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Millieside’s website, even if Millieside Ltd or a Millieside Ltd authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Millieside’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Millieside Ltd does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. Millieside Ltd may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However, Millieside Ltd does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Millieside has not reviewed all the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Millieside Ltd of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
Millieside may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website, you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
- Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Essex, United Kingdom and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location
Terms & Conditions for sessions
- Sessions will be conducted face to face, telephone, or video call unless extenuating circumstances exist, in which case the session will be rearranged, as agreed by both the Client and the Coach.
- The Coach and Client agree to adhere to established appointment times.
- The Coach and Client agree to begin and finish all appointments on time. If the Client is more than 15 minutes late to an appointment, the Coach will assume that the appointment is cancelled, and the Client will be responsible for the full coaching fee. If the Coach is more than 15 minutes late to an appointment, the Client may assume that the session is cancelled, and the Client shall not be responsible for any payment for that session.
- The Client agrees to cancel or reschedule an appointment at least 24 hours in advance, without a change fee. Any changes or cancellations within 24 hours are subject to a cancellation fee. This will be at the discretion of the coach.
- The number of sessions required will be continually discussed and agreed with the Client prior to booking the next session, with the aim of achieving the Clients objectives in the timeliest and most cost-effective manner.
- If for any reason the coach must cancel the Client’s session, the Coach will endeavour to find another appointment at the earliest opportunity to suit the Client. If the Coach is unable to find another suitable time, the Client will not be charged.
Fees and Expenses
- The Client & Coach will agree the fee, package, and commencement date. Unless agreed otherwise in writing by the Coach, payment will be made in advance of the session via bank transfer. Failure to pay in advance of the session, may result in the session being cancelled.
- Expenses will be charged at the following rate:
- Mileage 45p per mile
- Other transport at actual cost (copies of receipts will be provided as necessary)
- Bank details will be provided in advance of the first formal session.
- Travel outside of a 20-mile radius / 1 hour round trip by car (from the Coach’s usual place of business) will incur an additional cost. Any travel time above the 1-hour travel allowance will be invoiced at £25 per hour (rounded to the nearest 15-minute period).
- The Coach’s mission is to get the Client to the agreed objective in the most skilful and effective manner possible and wherever possible using techniques and processes that create consistent, reliable, and durable change.
- If the Client is at all dissatisfied with the service, or level of coaching, they should have a free and frank discussion with the Coach. The Coach will endeavour to address any matters of concern and will arrange a 30-minute additional session to give the Client the opportunity to decide whether they wish to continue with the Coach’s services. This additional 30 minutes will be without charge.
- If the Client further feels that the “old behaviours / habits” are repeating, then it is the Clients responsibility to inform the Coach accordingly, and at the earliest opportunity. At this point, the Client and the Coach will discuss the next steps and whether a further programme of coaching is appropriate.
- The Coach’s objective is to succeed in getting the Client to their objective as set out in the Coaching Assessment Documents.
Termination of Contract
- The Client may terminate this agreement by providing the Coach with a written notice of termination. The notice of termination will only be effective if the Client does not have a session due in the next 5 working days of the date of notice, in which case the notice will take effect after the fifth working day. In such cases, the client will be charged at the agreed rate.
- At the sole discretion of the Coach, the Coach reserves the right to terminate the contract with immediate effect, if the Coach reasonably fears for his / her safety, or fears that the health and safety of the Client is at risk. The Client shall not threaten the Coach with actions amounting to antisocial behaviour, or use threats of verbal abuse, physical harm, damage to property, or any other threat or harm.
- If the Client arrives under the influence of drugs or alcohol, the session will immediately be terminated, and the normal fee rate will still apply. It will be at the Coach’s discretion as to whether the agreement is terminated.
- For the Coach to continue their professional development, all feedback is welcomed, either face to face, via email or letter.